I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I enjoyed eating the delicious food and spending time with my family. Now that the holiday is over I wanted to share with a few things I am thankful for.
1. Family and Friends: I have a huge family. Even though we have disagreements, we still love each other. I am proud to be an older sister because it motivates me to do my best and be a role model for my younger sisters. Also, I am thankful to have friends that accept me and always keep me motivated.
2. Traveling: I am fortunate to have traveled to many places. Each experience was different and I look forward to travel to more conferences, talks and seminars in the future. I have not traveled abroad yet, but that is one of the top items on my to-do-list. I enjoy traveling because with every adventure I get to meet new people.
3. Health: I am thankful for good health. I know there are many people in the world that do not have access to good health. I want to work in the global health industry and become a vaccine development researcher to work with a research team to help eradicate malaria and dengue.
4.Challenges: When I was younger I did not fully understand the impact of challenges. As I matured every challenge taught me a lesson and helped shaped me for who I am today. Now, I accept challenges and take more risks.
5. My experiences: I know there are many college students unsure if they want to attend graduate school. Deciding to go to graduate school is a tough decision. I want to share my graduate school experiences and hope that my blog is a resource for you. Everything I write on my blog are things that I have learned from different experiences.
6. Resources for Women in Science: Every day I am learning more about resources that are available for women in science. It gives me joy to learn that there are more opportunities for aspiring female scientists today. It is never too early to think about a career in science.
7. The Science Blogging Community: I always wanted to start a blog, but I did not know where to start. In the few months I have been blogging I have learned a lot. I am thankful for the Science Blogging Community that reads my blog. I enjoy reading about other science blogs that talk about: life of a graduate student, gender equality issues, finding a mentor, academic careers, work-life balance, research careers and everything else that a scientist needs to know and much more.
If you have any post ideas leave a comment below. Thank you for following me on this journey!
What are you thankful for?