Last year I wanted to embrace my love of books again. When I was a little girl I used to read many books. On Saturday afternoons my cousin and I would walk to our local library and check out books. When I entered college I did not read as many books for fun anymore.
Towards the end of the summer I started going to my local library and read more. Not that long ago I was reading Elkement’s blog and she shared her reading list. This gave me the push I needed to share mine too. Thanks for the idea!
My Winter Reading List:
- Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
- My Brief History by Stephen Hawking
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Deadly Outbreaks: How Medical Detectives Save Lives Threatened by Killer Pandemics, Exotic Viruses, and Drug Resistant Parasites by Alexandra Levitt
- The Hot Zone by Richard Preston
- The Demon in the Freezer by Richard Preston
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life by Martin E. P. Seligman
- Smarter Than you Think: How Technology is Changing Our Minds for the Better by Clive Thompson
- The Art of Negotiation: How to Improvise Agreement in a Chaotic World by Michael Wheeler
- Nice Don’t Get the Corner Office: 101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make that Sabotage Their Careers by Lois P. Frankel, PhD
What have you been reading this winter? Comment below.