It’s that time of year when you need to figure out what to get the scientist in your life. What do you give the scientist or engineer that seems to have it all? Will she like it? Will it be cool enough? I’ve got you covered. Here are some great gift ideas that will make any scientist smile.
10 Gift Ideas for Scientists II:
1. Books: Stress Less: 10 Balancing Insights on Work and Life by Amy Freeman, PhD and The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer from the Impostor Syndrome & How to Thrive in Spite of it by Valerie Young. I read these books recently and I would highly recommend them to any women who wants to be successful in her career or life in general. Books are always a great gift and I always look forward to adding a good book to my collection.
2. Erin Condren Life Planner: If the scientist in your life has a busy schedule you should give her a planner. I’ve been hearing a lot about the Erin Condren Planner and I can see why. It is very pretty and has a lot of space which is perfect for the scientist in your life that likes to stay organized. Plus you can customize the planner.
3. Elemental, My Dear Spice Rack Set from ModCloth: This is such a fun, but quirky science-themed gift for the scientist in your life that loves to cook. Plus it will add a bit of science charm to their kitchen.
4. S’well Bottle: No matter what a drinking bottle that will keep your drinks cold or hot will never go out of style. I like the S’well rose gold bottle from the metallic collection. This bottle will keep your morning cup of tea hot for hours. I’m sure your PI would like this gift. If you want you can pair this gift with a set of gourmet tea or coffee.
5. Pi Tie Bar: If you know a guy that is crazy about numbers give him this stylish Pi Tie bar to enhance his style. I know a few math geeks and engineers that would appreciate this gift. Plus it’s a nice statement piece that I know he would like because it’s very unique. If you want to go the extra mile pair this gift with a stylish tie.
6. 3D Printed Microscope Rose Gold Plated Pendant: Whether you are a scientist or engineer we all have used a microscope at some point in time. Some more than others. Why not gift the scientist in your life a pretty microscope pendant. It comes in many finishes and I know any scigirl in your life will appreciate this unique gift.
7. Bronzed 30 Minute Hourglass: This is the perfect gift to give your boss or coworker who wants to keep their meetings short and sweet. Both men and women can appreciate this gift to add a touch of style to their desk.
8. 3D Printer: Not that long ago they had the Maker Faire in my home town. The Maker Faire takes place all around the country and is filled with many activities that are perfect for all ages. Whether you are a child, scientist, DIY-er or anything in between there is an activity for you. This year 3D printing was one of the main attractions. If you know a materials enthusiast a 3D printer would be the ultimate gift.
10. Periodic Table of Elements Cutting Board: Here’s another gift idea for the scientist by day and chef by night. This cutting board will make every meal prep time feel like you are getting ready to start an experiment in your kitchen. It can get dangerous with those knives and onions. Be careful! Ha!
What was your favorite gift idea? Comment below.