I’m excited about sharing this reading list because it is a mix of really good books. Plus, if you haven’t read the book Hidden Figures or see the movie you have to check it out.
My Reading List II:
- Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly
- Holding Fast to Dreams: Empowering Youth from the Civil Rights Crusade to STEM Achievement by Freeman Hrabowski III
- Headstrong: 52 Women Who Changed Science and the World by Rachel Swaby
- Zika: The Emerging Epidemic by Donald G. McNeil
- The Craft of Research by Wayne Booth
What books are you reading? Comment below.
Since summer is officially here and I haven’t shared my spring reading list I decided to combine my spring/summer list. I will update this list if I find a good book to share with you. If you have any books you want to recommend share them in the comments section.
My Spring/Summer Reading List: Continue reading My Spring/Summer III Reading List:
Since I have been busy networking, studying, and taking trips, reading is something I like to do so I can take my mind of reading so much technical information. For the most part, I have been enjoying Malcolm Gladwell’s books. I read Outliers and I had to pick up the rest of his books from my local library! Continue reading My Spring Reading List
Last year I wanted to embrace my love of books again. When I was a little girl I used to read many books. On Saturday afternoons my cousin and I would walk to our local library and check out books. When I entered college I did not read as many books for fun anymore.
Towards the end of the summer I started going to my local library and read more. Not that long ago I was reading Elkement’s blog and she shared her reading list. This gave me the push I needed to share mine too. Thanks for the idea!
My Winter Reading List:
- Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
- My Brief History by Stephen Hawking
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Deadly Outbreaks: How Medical Detectives Save Lives Threatened by Killer Pandemics, Exotic Viruses, and Drug Resistant Parasites by Alexandra Levitt
- The Hot Zone by Richard Preston
- The Demon in the Freezer by Richard Preston
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life by Martin E. P. Seligman
- Smarter Than you Think: How Technology is Changing Our Minds for the Better by Clive Thompson
- The Art of Negotiation: How to Improvise Agreement in a Chaotic World by Michael Wheeler
- Nice Don’t Get the Corner Office: 101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make that Sabotage Their Careers by Lois P. Frankel, PhD
What have you been reading this winter? Comment below.